young artists - any art form - one mic

Monday, May 16, 2011

Q&A with Felicity

ES: What inspired or drew you to become a visual artist?
Felicity: I think deciding not to pursue commercial art any further was the final word in my case.

ES: How has being a visual artist changed you/your life?
Felicity: I learn all the time, about MY life, every day, through studying people and things visually. There are answers in line and form.

ES: What have you learnt about yourself through being a visual artist?
Felicity: I have learnt a lot about my Condition: that of being human.


ES: If you could collaborate or work with any artist in the world today, who
would it be and why?

Felicity: Toni you know I loved that artist that showed his stuff that time last year when Nick was reading his stuff? He was a young black guy, sort of illustrator and he made bags too. Do you remember? Well I thought he was brilliant. (Felicity is referring to visual artist, DJ and emcee Mr Fuzzy Slippers who featured at Expression Session in October 2010 - Toni)


ES: If there’s one boundary or misconception you could knock down about being a visual artist, what would it be?
Felicity: That we are all airy arty farty fairy types and can’t function in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment