young artists - any art form - one mic

Friday, September 10, 2010

Q&A with Katherine

ES: Who are your artistic influences?

K: It’s very hard to say. Musically my influences come from many directions. It would be a person, and experience, a conversation or anything that I allow to affect my day. This is my greatest influence to write music.



ES: What have you learnt from past artists in your field?

K: To never give up, to believe in my talent and know that what I have, no one else can possess. I have learnt about team work, communication, networking and just how to show my greatness by being true to myself. I know it's deep but it's true. If I can say, one thing that I have learnt from myself as an artist is that being present in a moment is the best way to bring across what I want people to know and see about me.



ES: What do you hope to achieve in your music and singing career?

K: It can be as small as having people listen and appreciate what I give out and as big as national and even international recognition.

Creating a buzz of "give us more"


ES: What motivates you to keep working on your art, when things become difficult and challenging?

K: My biggest motivation is my belief in myself. and yes at times this does become weak, but I push through. I remind myself of how wonderful it feel to be on stage and the amazing response from the crowd, and that just keeps me going.


ES: If there's one boundary or misconception you could knock down about being a singer and musician, what would it be?

K: I am not sure if this answers the question, but before I became a musician I used to idolise a group called Godessa. To me they were super-human and I adored them so much I couldn't even speak with them. It took me a while to realise that they are amazing individuals and that my perception of them being unapproachable was so wrong. Musicians are people to and no matter how famous or adored, they too have a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment